Welcome to the Atkins Centennial Library!
The Atkins Public Library was first established and sponsored by the Atkins Civic Club in 1933.
Local funding and support combined with federal funding has kept the Atkins Public Library open and available for patron use. After relocating several times, its current home was built in 1975 under the Library Services and Construction Act combined with local funding from the City of Atkins, the Atkins Lions Club, gifts from many friends and patrons of the library, memorials, special drives, the one-mill Pope County library tax, the Arkansas Library Commission, and a contribution from the Pope County Quorum Court.
The library received its name because 1976 marked Atkins’ 100th birthday. The Atkins Centennial Library’s Open House was held Sunday, November 9, 1975.
A generous gift was bequeathed to the Atkins Centennial Library by Mary Catherine Maxwell. The gift was used to construct an additional room to the existing library building. The Mary Catherine Maxwell Room was dedicated October 29, 2000.
At the Atkins Centennial Library, you'll find programs that celebrate science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math! Gaming enthusiasts will love playing Dungeons and Dragons. This library truly has something for everyone!